Research shows that 88% of early years and primary education professionals have suffered musculo-skeletal pain* which they feel is work-related and up to 50% of 14 year olds have now experienced back pain.
Staff working at low heights with young children in child-focussed environments have an increased risk of pain due to the very nature of the job – often adopting awkward postures, lifting furniture and equipment, carrying resources and children.
Children's spinal health can be adversely effected by modern lifestyles and poor posture, increasing their risk of musculo-skeletal disorders.
Jolly Back, created by specialist physiotherapist Lorna Taylor helps children and staff learn, understand and achieve healthy, safer postures – bringing benefits now and for their future.
Jolly Back offers:
- Award winning and original products which provide improved posture including the award-winning Jolly Back Teacher's Chair
- Ergonomically designed by a specialist physiotherapist
- Assessed by education staff to ensure genuine, practical benefits
- Made in the UK to high quality and environmental standards
- Back care education and training
- Professional advice and consultancy
- Award winning customer service
Jolly Back provides innovative, affordable and effective solutions which:
- Improve staff comfort, continuity, morale and career longevity
- Help to reduce staff absences and related costs and disruption
- Improve pupil posture and concentraton
At Jolly Back we are dedicated to helping staff, children and employers be the best they can.
*Musculo-skeletal Disorders include problems such as back pain, joint injuries and repetitive strain injuries of various sorts.
Areas which can create risk include:
- Bending and twisting - repeating an action too frequently
- Uncomfortable working position
- Not receiving and acting upon reports of symptoms quickly enough
- Repetitive and heavy lifting